Tuesday, November 15, 2005

U2

I've enjoyed U2's music since I first heard "The Unforgettable Fire" -- I've got a complete collection of their US releases on tape and/or CD. Even when Bono goes over the top, I usually head along for the ride. And so, in chronological order, I present you with my 25 all-time favorite U2 songs.

I Will Follow
I Threw A Brick Through A Window
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
Where the Streets Have No Name
With or Without You
Running To Stand Still
One Tree Hill
Love Rescue Me (w/ Bob Dylan)
All I Want is You (also prominently featured in "Reality Bites" - one of my all-time favorite movies)
One
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Stay (Faraway So Close)
Some Days Are Better Than Others
The Wanderer (w/ Johnny Cash)
Do You Feel Loved?
Staring At the Sun
Elevation
Walk On
Kite
Vertigo
Original of the Species

6 comments:

Jeff Cagwin said...

any particular order to that there list? i'd have to include Pride/In the Name of Love and 40 on my faves...

Jeff Cagwin said...

oh - and bullet the blue sky

Tarzan Joe Wallis said...

All great, all songs I like and listen to, but not quite great enough to crack my 25 faves...

Jeff Cagwin said...

i'm gonna go ahead and say "Pride" is, I dunno, like, my favorite song ever...?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

what?!! No "Like a Song"?!?! John John John.....[author shakes head in disapointment and sadness]

Anonymous said...

[....but then begins to bob his head and hum "and these words wont' make it right, but two wrongs don't make a right...."] and so on and so forth