Friday, November 18, 2005

Deep Thoughts

Deep Thoughts -- one of my favorite things from SNL -- and someone has collected most of Jack Handey's Deep Thoughts at the link. Here are few to set the mood:

Sometimes life seems like a dream, especially when I look down and see that I
forgot to put on my pants.

Contrary to what most people say, the most dangerous animal in the world is
not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant. It's a shark riding on an
elephant's back, just trampling and eating everything they see.

The memories of my family outings are still a source of strength to me. I
remember we'd all pile into the car - I forget what kind it was - and drive
and drive. I'm not sure where we'd go, but I think there were some trees
there. The smell of something was strong in the air as we played whatever
sport we played. I remember a bigger, older guy we called "Dad." We'd eat some
stuff, or not, and then I think we went home. I guess some things never leave
you.

Why do people in ship mutinies always ask for "better treatment"? I'd ask for
a pinball machine, because with all that rocking back and forth you'd probably
be able to get a lot of free games.

1 comment:

Jeff Cagwin said...

a couple personal favorite deep thoughts:
-If you ever drop your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cuz man, they're gone!
-You can tell a lot from a person's face. Especially the mouth part of the face.