Thursday, November 10, 2005

I'm Old Consarn It!

I typically play basketball on Wednesday nights with an over 30 crowd. Given the fact I'm one of the younger ones at age 34, you'd think I could keep up. I played last night having missed the past few weeks while working out nothing but my fork and spoon, and man was it bad. I was huffin and puffin like the Big Bad Wolf in the middle of a Little Pigs' Townhome Development, all the while getting more and more sore. Woke up last night with a coughing fit brought on by working the lungs too
much, and then woke up with a foot so sore I was bandyleggin' it down the stairs, much to the amusement of my beloved wife.

I know the answer is eat right and get more exercise, but what's the fun in that? The bigger part of the problem is just not accepting I've either got to take it easier, or take better care, such as perhaps stretching beforehand? At any rate, the day after is always amusing for my wife and kids, who find my plight (admittedly brought on myself) quite hilarious. As Dana Carvey's grumpy old man used to say, " I'm old...and I hate it!" (although not really!)

1 comment:

Jeff Cagwin said...

Consarn it all!