Thursday, November 10, 2005

And So It Goes

Another day, continued senseless killings in the war between Mecca and Christianity. Random, hateful, anything but the actions of a God-fearing person. There will be no peace in this clash of cultures, religions, however you characterize it until generations are finally brought up looking at their fellow human beings as people rather than demonized caricatures. I do not live in a world without hope, so long as I believe there is a God and do what I can to bear up my brother or sister, but I live in constant fear that my children are going to inherit this world of hate.

How long -- can you hear someone crying
How long -- can you hear someone dying
Before you ask yourself why?
And how long will it be 'till we've turned
To the tasks and the skills
That we'll have to have learned
If we're going to find our place in the future
And have something to offer
Where this planet's concerned
How long?

--Jackson Browne

No comments: