Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Bears

Week by week, I'm becoming more of a believer. The only teams I don't see them matching up well against are three AFC teams: Indianapolis, Pittsburgh (if healthy) and Denver. Can they get to the Super Bowl with Kyle Orton at QB? Definitely. Will they? Now that's the question. I think they have as good a shot as any in the NFC, particularly if they get a game or 2 at home. My prediction -- they win one playoff game this year and set the foundation for next year.

Here's what the SNL Superfans have to say about this weekend's game (from SNL website -- Packers and Lovie Smith references substituted!)

Bill Swerski: Now, gentlemen, let me ask you this: What if Da Bears were all 14 inches tall, you know, about so high? Now, what's your score of Sunday's game?

Carl Wollarski: Against Da Packers?

Bill Swerski: Yes, give 'em a handicap.

Carl Wollarski: Bears 18, Packers 10. And that would finally be a good game.

Pat Arnold: Yeah, it would be a good game. Mini Bears 24, Packers 14.

Todd O'Conner: What about Coach Lovie? Would he be mini, too?

Bill Swerski: No, he would be full-grown.

Todd O'Conner: Oh, then, uh.. Mini Bears 31, Packers 7.

Carl Wollarski: Oh, hold on. Then I change mine, too. I thought it was Mini Lovie.

No comments: