Saturday, October 21, 2006

iPod Playlists

I'm interested in talking music with any who visit the blog. I've got a couple of different playlists on my iPod; I'll start with "Mellow Gold" and list ten songs each time I do the iPod post, until I've exhausted the playlist. Be interested in recommendations, comparisons, just generally what you think... These are in no particular order, but "Shuffle"

1. She Was the One -- Peter Holsapple
2. If I Had $1,000,000 -- Barenaked Ladies
3. Desert Rose -- Sting
4. Drops of Jupiter -- Train
5. Hurt -- Johnny Cash
6. Bohemian Rhapsody -- Queen
7. Angels -- Peter Holsapple & Chris Stamey
8. Lullaby -- Shawn Mullins
9. Dancing Queen -- ABBA
10. Nothing Man -- Bruce Springsteen

Got introduced to Peter Holsapple in New Orleans at a bar called Carrolton Station. He's played in REM's touring band, and he's a great songwriter...

Hurt is just a great song -- liked Nine Inch Nails original, but Cash's is definitive...

Nothing Man is one of a great album full of songs...

No comments: