Monday, January 22, 2007

Books

I like to read quite a bit -- though I never seem to have enough time for it these days. I tend to get on "kicks" where I read a lot of one type of genre -- history, or classics, or mystery / suspense -- these kicks typically last months, but sometimes go on for a year or two. I'm currently in the midst of a history / historical novel kick;I'm simultaneously reading The Pirate Coast, about America's supposed first clandestine military operation against Tripoli and I'm also reading Saints and Villians, a novelist's take on the life and martyr-like death of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a German theologian who was killed by the Nazis for his role in the assassination attempt on Hitler.

I've been looking at some suspense novels at Borders the last few times I've been there -- maybe I'll start on a new kick soon...

No comments: