Friday, January 06, 2006

NFL Playoff Picks -- Wildcard Weekend

Here they are -- my fearless predictions for this weekend's playoff games:

Redskins v. Bucs

Much as I want a Bears-Skins rematch in the NFC title game, I think these two teams are very similar -- caretaker QBs, good RBs, one stud WR each, and great defenses. I think home field makes the difference in what is essentially a wash, so I'm picking the Bucs.

Jaguars v. Patriots

I want to like the Jags. Alomst as much as I dislike the Pats, for the sole reason I want to see some new blood. But I don't see the Pats giving up the title at home to a team with a QB named "Garrard". Pats to win.

Panthers v. Giants

Giants are pretty banged up on D in the LB corps and the secondary. Despite the fact the Panthers can't seem to run, I like their defense better, and Jake Delhomme is more inconsistently consistent (get that?) than Eli Manning. Panthers.

Steelers v. Bengals

Bengals are a great offense, gambling (but porous defense). Teams split in the regular season. I like the Steelers' balance and experience. Going Steelers here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure wish I could comment - but I have absolutely nothing to contribute on the subject of this post.