Monday, December 05, 2005

They Say It's Your Birthday...





It's my birthday, too, yeah. 35 today. Not as old as the BQP (he's ancient, for the love of Pete), but starting to get up there nonetheless. When I was a kid, I thought 35 was Methusa-like. (Methusala, Methusa-like, get it?) As I get older, particularly when I see my Mom and Jen's parents doing things like they too were in their 30s, I feel like I've got a lot of prime years left. Although, when I asked Hailey and Rachel (my almost 6 year old and 4 1/2 year old) to hazard a guess as to how old I was, Hailey volunteered "54?", and Rachel followed up with "61! No! 41!" Sam (my 2 year-old) just said, "You old, Daddy?"

I'm not really one to dwell on my age, and the fact of the matter is, while I have a few more aches and pains when I run or play basketball, I'm still enjoying myself...

No comments: