Monday, January 17, 2005

NFL Playoff Picks III

Evened up my record at 4-4 after going 3-1 this past weekend, only blew the Eagles game. That being said -

AFC Championship

New England at Pittsburgh -- Patriots 21-17

I'd love to see New England go down, but this team just seems incapable of losing a big game. The Pats will still be without Seymour, Law and Poole on the defensive side, but given the way the D shut down the Colts in Foxboro, it seems to me they can do the same to a less talented offense despite being on the road. Now it's Bill Cowher's turn to see if he can win a big game.

NFC Championship

Atlanta at Philadelphia -- Eagles 31-21

I bet against McNabb and Co. last week and they manhandled the Vikings. I think the fourth time's the charm for this team in the NFC Championship game, so long as Brian Westbrook stays healthy. Mike Vick concerns me, but the Eagles have a fast defense that should do a better job of containing Vick's mad scrambles.

No comments: