Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Super Bowl Pick -- It's the Pats

Super Bowl XXXIX -- New England 27, Philadelphia 17

After picking both championship games right, my record stands at 6-4, with the big one to go. Believe me, I want to pick the Eagles. Not because I have any hatred for the Patriots, I just prefer to have new blood win the big ones every now and then. However, I just can't see the Eagles beating the Patriots with or without Terrell Owens. The Pats are too battle tested, too well coached, and too good of a team. While the Eagles are a good team, I don't think they're a great team as they struggled to beat AFC teams; they narrowly won at Cleveland (!) (34-31) and Baltimore (15-10), neither of whom made the playoffs, and they were pounded by Pittsburgh 27-3 and Cincinnati 38-10, although the Cincy loss was in the last two weeks of the season, when the Eagles starters were rested for the playoffs.

Bottom line, I think Brady, Dillon and the Pats' receivers will do more against Philly's defense than McNabb, Westbrook, TO (?), and the Eagles' receivers. Let the dynasty talk begin -- ugh.

No comments: